2016 School Safety Coordinators of the Year Dale Zable and Laura Lloyd with the Kettle Moraine School District
WSSCA's School Safety Coordinator of the Year Award
The WSSCA outstanding School Safety Officer award is co-sponsored by the Community Insurance Corporation.
Winners will receive:
- $1,000 award to use towards their school district's safety program, which is underwritten by the Community Insurance Corporation.
- One year membership to WSSCA.
- WSSCA Spring Conference attendance fee for the winner, and one other person from their district..
Nomination Form and Deadline:
- Nomination Information
- Entry Deadline: Please consider someone for 2017!
Winners will be announced during a special ceremony at WSSCA's 48th Annual School Safety & Health Conference/Expo, to be held at the Kalahari Resort and Water Park in Wisconsin Dells.
The School Safety Coordinator of the Year Award will be judged by the WSSCA Board of Directors and Advisors
Please send your nomination application to:
Wisconsin School Safety Coordinators Association
PO Box 8441
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54308-8441
Edward L. Dorff, Executive Director, WSSCA
The nominated individual must be a WSSCA member in good standing, and should demonstrate recent, noteworthy efforts and accomplishments in the field of school safety.
Past Recipients of the WSSCA Outstanding School Safety Coordinator of the Year:
- 1998 - Lee Jorgenson, Schofield D.C. Everest
- 1999 - Douglas Fisk, Baraboo School District
- 2000 - Doug Reynolds, Beloit School District
- 2001 - Paul Buchholz, Beaver Dam School District
- 2002 - Sam Hesse, Appleton Area School District
- 2003 - Warren Schmidt, West Bend School District
- 2004 - Ron Hoffman, Oconomowoc School District
- 2005 - Erin Gauthier-Green, Greendale School District
- 2006 - Robert Severson, Chippewa Falls Area Unified School District
- 2007 - Mark Scullion, Monona Grove School District
- 2008 - Tim Prunty, Antigo School District
- 2009 - Tom Grosjean, Ashland School District
- 2010 - Cindy VanPelt, Racine Unified School District
- 2011- Joe Bellomo, Waunakee Community School District
- 2012- Steve Lewis, Rice Lake Area School District
- 2013- John Koster, Cedarburg School District
- 2014- Tom Wohlleber, Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District
- 2015- Gary Siegman, Whitefish Bay School District
- 2016- Dale Zable and Laura Lloyd, Kettle Moraine School District
WSSCA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
We have all known someone who has made a difference in our lives; in our organizations; in our profession. With over 300 members throughout the States of Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota, finding outstanding professionals has never been a problem for this organization. Yet, recognizing those who have been accepted by their colleagues as the “best of the best,” has been, and should be, an infrequent honor bestowed upon very few – those of extraordinary success who have devoted their professional lives to WSSCA’s mantra: keep schools safe.
WSSCA has reserved special recognition for these exceptional men and women. It is the highest award we present, and the name itself speaks volumes to the level of accomplishment and respect the recipient has earned over the course of his/her outstanding career. We simply call it “the Life Time Achievement Award.”
As you read each name below, consider that thousands of WSSCA members over the past four decades who have been eligible. Maybe then you will understand the impact these individuals have had on this organization, the school safety discipline, and the students and schools we serve.
WSSCA is one of the oldest school safety organizations in the entire United States of America – and this is our Hall of Fame. We proudly present the recipients of the WSSCA Life Time Achievement Award.
2003: Richard "Dick" Klawiter, Univerity of Wisconsin-Platteville
2007: Mary Jean Erschen, Executive Director, Center for School, Youth,& Citizen Preparedness
2008: Doug Reynolds, Beloit School District
2010: Bryan Roessler, former WSSCA Executive Director
2011: Robert Severson, Chippewa Falls Area School District
2013: Gary Rosploch, Muskego-Norway School District
2014: Joel Konze, Sparta Area School District
2016: Peter Pochowski, former WSSCA Executive Director